The holidays are a busy time of year for everybody — buyers and sellers — and there are traditionally fewer houses sold during this time. So is it a good idea to take your house off the market during this period? Realty Times recently answered this question with a resounding “NO!”.
There are several reasons why you should NOT take your house off the market during the holidays. These include:
– The house is NEVER going to sell (to another homeowner) if it’s off the market. This may be obvious, but it’s true!
– Many people, including buyers, take off work during this time and are browsing for houses.
– If people are looking to buy during the holidays, you know they are SERIOUS buyers!
– Many relocating buyers are in a hurry to buy a new house and get their children settled in before the start of the school year.
– During the holidays, showing your home in it’s festive and warm holiday-decorated state can help buyers envision the house as their own.
– Reduced inventories and motivated buyers means your house has a good chance of being seen.
Conventional wisdom may suggest taking your house off the market during the holidays is a good idea, but as we see above the opposite is true!
If your house has been languishing on the market, or you don’t want to make the necessary repairs, or have any other reason for wanting to sell quickly — call us at 205-390-1050 or visit www.WeBuyBham.com. We buy houses in Birmingham and the surrounding metro area. We buy as-is, in any area, any condition, and any situation. Call or click today!