Realty Times recently discussed several remodeling investments to your home that give can you much bang for the buck.
There are a lot of things you can do to your home that – while nice – will NOT do anything to boost your value. So what are some of the best things you can do to ADD value when it comes to putting your home on the market?
- Making minor replacements of fixtures and hardware, etc. For example, changing out door knobs, towel rods, ceiling fans, etc, are minor expenses that can add up to a big impact on how your home presents itself. Note that we recommend you keep the same metal finish consistently throughout your home (oil-rubbed bronze remains quite popular with buyers).
- Kitchens and baths sell a home, but that doesn’t mean you have to go hog wild and replace everything. For example, you can save your cabinets (and maybe paint them), and just replace the countertops, faucets, and cabinet fixtures, etc. You may be surprised and what solid granite costs — it’s not as much as you may think. New appliances can also give the appearance that your kitchen had a major update.
- Add living space. This may be depend on how your home is set up — is your basement already stubbed for expansion? Is there an easy an logical place where your home can be extended? Is it easy to get plumbing run to a new bathroom? Depending on these answers, adding a bedroom, bonus space, or bathroom can pay off big time in market value.
- Replace old windows. This is particularly true if you very old and unattractive windows, including old metal “crank” style windows. Not only does this help with attractiveness, it does wonders for utility bills.
- Expand on the inside — knock down some walls! As remodelers, we knock down at least one wall on almost all rehabs that we do. Open spaces and floorplans are what buyers desire in todays market.
Remember to get quotes from several contractors, and have them bid off the same detailed list of what you would like to do (referred to as the “scope of work”).
If you are interested in selling your house and don’t have the patience, funds, or interest in doing the repairs and updates that are required to sell your house, call us at 205-390-1050 or visit our website at www.WeBuyBham.com. We Buy Houses in all areas of Birmingham, and have solutions for every situation. If you want to sell your house fast, we are you local house buyers.