If you are trying to sell your home, you should know that house buyers continue to prefer larger and larger houses. The average size of new construction homes also continues to increase. So given that your house isn’t magically getting bigger, what can you do to at least give it a larger feel?
Here are several suggestions from this list of 18 Ways to Make a Small Space Look Larger.
- If you have large windows with nice views, bring the “outside colors in” to your room to create “unity” with the outside.
- Let as much natural light in as possible to help open it up
- For small rooms, furniture on raised legs give a “lighter” feel and help create a sense of space
- De-clutter your space. You’re heard before to discard anything you haven’t used in a year — do it.
- Adjacent spaces should have the same color and flooring to make the rooms appear larger.
- Use light and neutral colors throughout the house.
- A large mirror or a set of smaller mirrors will help create the feeling of a larger room.
- Remove as many unnecessary doors as possible.
- Do not fill up all of your shelves — leave some of them half-empty to create a more spacious feel.
These are some of the necessary hassles to jump through when trying to sell your house on the retail market to another homeowner. If you desire to sell your house fast as-is, call us at 205-390-1050. We buy houses in the Birmingham Alabama area. We buy houses in any condition, any area, and in any price range. Call now or click “sell your house” on our website at http://www.WeBuyBham.com.